Things to keep in mind when you buy a zero-turn mower
A zero-turn mower lets you cut so close around corners that you reduce the need to trim. Here are a few tips on what to think about when you are looking to buy a new zero-turn trimmer.
The zero-turn mower design with its high capacity and swift manoeuvrability originates from typical commercial use. Our zero-turn mowers for landowners are engineered alongside our commercial models. This means they can handle heavy-duty mowing tasks on large areas efficiently, quickly and easily.
Are you a professional or homeowner?
When deciding on a new zero-turn mower the most important factor is the size of the area that you will cut. Our zero-turn mowers for homeowners are generally smaller, which makes them take up less space when parked and they can also cut smaller passages in the garden. If you are looking for a new zero-turn mower for professional use, we have a wide range with powerful engines and bigger fuel tanks. The professional models are faster and can handle bigger areas.
General facts about the Husqvarna zero-turn mower
- Our zero-turn mowers are durable, with a stable frame and a powerful, reliable engine. All components are designed to withstand demanding operation.
- A comfortable driver’s environment and efficient vibration dampening make for better comfort and less fatigue.
- All controls are easy to reach.
- Large, wide rear wheels put less pressure on the lawn surface, which means they flatten the grass less, and improve accessibility. A low centre of gravity gives traction and stability: an advantage if the ground is uneven.
- An efficient cooling system is important, if the machine is going to operate at an optimal temperature for long periods – especially on hot days.
Things to consider when buying a new Rider
Do you have a big lawn to mow? Here are a few things to keep in mind before you buy a ride-on mower.
Choosing the right Rider for the job mainly depends on the type of grass you will cut and what the garden looks like. With our Combi cutting decks you have two cutting techniques to choose from. Rear ejection or BioClip®. Here are a few things that distinguish them from each other:
- Rear ejection for taller grass
- If you are planning to cut taller, wilder grass, or coarser types of grass, it’s better to go for a ride-on mower with rear ejection cutting deck that can manage large amounts of grass.
- BioClip® for finer lawns
- Do you have a well-maintained lawn that is mowed a lot? Then BioClip® is the most suitable for your purposes. The finely cut clippings return to the lawn as fertilizer. All of our Rider models have this option.
- All-Wheel Drive
- If your lawn can be slippery or is steep in places, or if you intend to use the ride-on mower all year round, AWD (All-Wheel Drive) is a great investment. It gives you better traction when you need it.
Professional or homeowner
If you are looking for a ride-on mower for professional use all year round, with larger areas to maintain, it is best to go with our advanced Riders, such as the R 422Ts AWD, equipped with things like headlights, hour meter with service minder and a premium seat. If you are a homeowner you are probably better off with one of the smaller models for convenient storage. Or the Rider Battery, with no direct emissions, low noise and a running time of up to 90 minutes.
Easy to drive and manoeuvre
All our Riders have front-mounted cutting decks, so that you have better control over your working area. This type of cutting deck also allows you to reach under bushes and get closer to fences and walls.
We have also a unique articulation of the steering which our Riders extremely easy to handle. You work more efficiently, and get great results faster, with less effort. In addition, a wide range of accessories helps you complete other garden tasks all year round. With or without All-Wheel Drive – the decision is yours.
Things to keep in mind when buying a Husqvarna Rider:
Look for all accessories like a sweeper to collect grass, leaves and debris. Scarifier, spreader and trailer for lawn preparation or a front-mounted brush to clear entrances and paths year around